Things I’m Going to Do After the WeddingJuly 12, 2012 at 7:47 am | Posted in Life and Living | 4 Comments
Tags: life planning, wedding planning
With my wedding less than 3 months away, constant work travel, my major company conference next week, followed directly by one of my best friend’s weddings, my to do list has been on hyperdrive. It seems I never have a moment to sit back and relax. Anyone planning an event, be it a wedding or a conference, or anything else, knows just how much there is to do, so my best friend had a good question for me. What am I going to do when the wedding is over to keep busy?My list was not short. There are a lot of things I have been holding off on since this insanity really hit. Here are a few.
- Cooking: I’m been trying to eat really healthy, and yes the theory is that when you cook, you eat better. But when I cook, I experiment, and not all my recipes are healthy. Right now, I don’t have the time or the money to invest in cooking new recipes. I have been keeping it real simple and just preparing food that only really needs heating on the stove and basic seasoning.
- Paying off my bills: I have let go of control of my budget. With all of the expenses of my wedding, I have let my credit card balances get higher than I’m used to and I’m not paying them off monthly the way I always have. But it’s an expensive time in my life, and I don’t want to hold back from the one wedding I plan on having. I will work to pay it back after the wedding.
- My 30th birthday! That’s right readers! My 30th birthday is just 7 months away, and clearly an important moment in the life of this blog. I have to do something, big or small, to mark this moment in history.
- Moving day! I will finally find a new apartment — two bedrooms and dog friendly, a place we can stay for a while. I plan to be out of this apartment by next summer. I’m looking forward to decorating a new place that I love!
- Travel - It may sound like the last thing I want to do at this point, but I have got to get back to Europe. I plan to save money and collect miles with the goal of making this happen for our 1 year anniversary (surprise honey!)
- My BFF – My BFF has been spending so many of her weekends dealing with everyone else’s celebrations and sacrificing her own. I am going to do something special for her 30th. She seriously deserves it.
So that’s just a few things. I know what a lot of newlyweds say, that they miss the excitement leading up to the wedding, that it all ends so fast. But for me, I’ll be happy to leave this craziness behind and start living my life as a married woman.